Right Tools for the Job
Seriously. Having the right tools make all the difference!
We received guidance from the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI), Clallam County Department of Health (DOH), that outlined specific requirements as well as options for districts in meeting those requirements. We also met with teacher leaders and listened to parents and considered plans shared by other superintendents in our area.
We've purchased new hardware:
- New Chromebooks so that each student can check out a Chromebook that will be theirs to use for the entire year.
- New Tablets for each student in grades K-2
- New supporting equipment for each student including mice and ear buds
- Better cameras for teachers when recording videos and connecting remotely
...and new software:
- SeeSaw Online Platform licenses learning for use in grades K-2
- Blocksi license, a filtering license for Chromebooks that are off-campus
- Chromebook management Tools
- CPM: Middle school math
- Illustrative Math: New math curriculum for high school students - 100% online capability but with books for students that need them.
- Google Meets & Google Classroom
- Continuation and expansion of IXL online learning for math, reading, and Spanish.
- Continuation of Star Reading and Math online programs
- Amplify Science: 2nd year of online platform for MS Science
- ...and more as teachers are innovative and continually figuring out new and better ways to reach each child!
How are we able to do this?
With a little help from CARES Act Funding, which is based on our Title I Allocation, which awards to districts with the highest percentages of students living in poverty. Crescent has been allocated roughly $97,000, and the funding must be used to compensate for costs incurred as a response to the pandemic. The additional federal funds provided by Congress this Spring enabled us to pay for the increased demand for disinfectants, Chromebooks, hot spots, etc. We hear there will be more funding from Congress, but don’t know how much or what it’s restrictions might be.