Why Apply for Free/Reduced Meals:
- Helps qualifying families with meal costs:
- An elementary student paying full price pays $522 a year (if they eat every school day), while a high school student paying full price pays $567 a year.
- If the family qualifies for reduced meals, the price for either student drops to $72 per year (if eating school lunch every day). If the family qualifies for free meals, the family does not pay.
- Allows the school to be reimbursed from state and federal sources for students/families who qualify.
- Helps the school with accurate data to possibly qualify for additional funding, so returning an application, regardless of eligibility, helps ALL of the students at the school.
Two Ways to Apply:
Download the form below. If you would like a form mailed to you, please contact the school office at 360.928.3311.
Apply Online in Family Access
Online applications may be submitted through Family Access.
If you need help with Family Access, please contact Tracy Hoffman or Stephanie Girard in the school office at 360-928-3311.
Application Processing & Flexibility in Eligibility
Prior-year Free/Reduced Application Expires 30 School Days into the New School Year
Free/Reduced applications from the prior year (21/22) expire on October 6, 2022. Families must re-apply for the 22/23 school year. If a new application has not been received by the office by October 6, 2022, the full price of meals will be charged starting October 12, 2022.
Automatic Eligibility for Most Students on SNAP, TANF, Medicaid, or Tribal Benefits
If your student is receiving benefits through SNAP, TANF, Medicaid, or other state or tribal program, you will be notified of automatic eligibility for free or reduced meals. If you believe your student should be receiving free or reduced meals based on his/her enrollment in one of these programs, but are not receiving free meals, please contact Ashley Petersen at 360.928.3311 ext 1005.
Disclosure of Information Provided
We strictly protect any data provided to us on a Free/Reduced Application. If data must be shared, we will only share based on the criteria on the following Disclosure Chart.